Monday, April 19, 2010

Studio Oscar







I have also sent an email to Studio Oscar in the hope they might get back to me on their style of work. I used a similar email to others I have sent out to other inspirational illustrators and studios. Hopefully they'll have a minute to get in touch and I might be able to incorporate them into my design context product too. I really love their work and it would be a great help to be able to have a chat with them about their style. I am particularly drawn to their use of colour. Most of their work uses just flat block colour, however in some they use tints of similar colours to create depth and shading. This is something I haven't mastered nor have I really tried to use much within my current work. A technique I feel would give my work more depth and help it to stand out a bit more. Here is a link to their site:

http://www.studiooscar.com/docs/work.php

This is the email which I sent to them:

Hi Studio Oscar,

I've been checking out your website and really love the work that you produce. I am particularly interested in vector based graphic illustration and hand drawn type. I'm really interested to learn a bit more about this style of illustration and about you yourselves! I'm intrigued to learn more about where this style of work can be contextualized and where you find the majority of your work being used. Vector based illustration is the style in which I am personally trying to develop and I wondered if you might possibly be able to have a quick peek at my blog and tell me what you think. This is the link to my blog home page and all the other pages are linked from there: http://o-greaves0710.blogspot.com/
Would you be able to help?

Many thanks,
I look forward to hearing from you soon :)

Olivia Greaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment