Friday, April 9, 2010

Jack Wills Shop Front

These photo's were taking in town yesterday. I went in to see if I could gather any more research for my Paul Smith shop window display brief. As soon as I arrived I was greeted by this amazing display. It is to advertise he Jack Wills Varsity Polo math on June 12th 2010. But is exactly the style of display work I am working on with my Autum/Winter display. They have illustrated their designs and then produced them on life size cardboard stand ups, held up by wooden supports and stands. It looks fantastic. I wanted to take more pictures but I wasn't allowed and these were the only sly ones I could manage from outside the shop. A great example for me of the type of context I could see my work positioned in.



I thought this was a great example of a shop strap line. It really draws the customer into feeling part of a lifestyle and status. They feel accepted and better off if they are considered to be a Jack Wills customer. This is what I want my Paul Smith customers to feel when they are buying Paul Smith clothing.



Another great example of being 'Fabulously British.' Very fitting to my Paul Smith brief.







No comments:

Post a Comment