Monday, April 19, 2010

Book Cover Research







I found some rather inspiring book cover design recently. At first I really liked them and they are quite helpful for part of my research for my HG Wells brief, however on closer inspection I have noticed aspects that I would produce differently and bits I'm not keen on.I particularly like the way in which these book jackets work as a set. I feel that they could however be improved upon, particularly in the way in which colour has been used. The imagery works well to the content of each book but for me the type faces used are a bit bland and don't really fit to the style of illustration. Perhaps it might appropriate for one to say that they might look a bit old fashioned and not really up to date so to speak with current trends. They do work really well and I like the way the composition of the design differs slightly with the positioning of the type. I feel they might be a bit too 'classic' for me though.

No comments:

Post a Comment