Friday, April 23, 2010

Sign Painting

I've been trying to find out a little history into how people used to manage with art work before the development of technology and computers to help you. I've started by taking a look at sign writing and what business' did before they could get their signs printed digitally. This is a great help because some of the work is the style that I am interested in now.









The is Jeff Canhams work.

http://jeffcanham.com/

He still does sign writing today. Based in California, he travels all over to do lots of large scale sign artwork. It was interesting to compare the old style sign writing to someone who still does it today, and see how the style has developed. And yet despite the technology for digital sign print there are still people who hand craft it. I am starting to learn that my interests lie in hand crafted work. I really envy those that are skilled with their hands and are practical people. Take a look at his work...















No comments:

Post a Comment