Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Design Context Product - Final Decisions

I have finally decided what I want to do for my design context product. I'm going to produce a book, which will contain definitions and information about vector illustration and the style of vector illustration that I like. It will feature interviews of illustrators I find inspirational, including examples of their work. It will also give a brief understanding about what vector based illustration is and the difference between 'vectors' and 'rasters.'

I have found that throughout my research into vector base illustration I have been able to define my own style of illustration slightly more and can now produce work at a higher level of professionalism. I looked for inspiration from all of the illustrators that will feature in the book to gain a better understanding about where this style of 'vector' illustration can be featured, contextualised and how it can be applied.

It has been brought to my attention that the process of producing the illustrations is very important and that is for me, the largest part of what I like about this style of illustration. The process of production, from hand crafted to onscreen is a skill in alone in itself and vital in order for the illustrator to get the perfect vector.

I shall split my book up into the following sections:

WHAT IS VECTOR BASED ILLUSTRATION?
- Introduction
- Brief understanding

VECTOR BASED ILLUSTRATORS
- Examples of vector based illustration
- Studio Oscar
- Kate Moross
- Alec Doherty
- Parra
- Rose Stallard

INTERVIEWS
- Damien Weighill
- Parra
- Masa
- Allan Deas

APPLICATION OF VECTOR ILLUSTRATION
- Contexts

No comments:

Post a Comment