Thursday, June 3, 2010

Design Context Product - Photographs

I finally got my book bound. I went down this week to the Vernon Street site and asked if someone might be able to assist me stitching my book. They were so helpful and I got it done really quickly. I bound it by using the classic stitching technique. You put 3 wholes down the spine, one in the centre and then one above and below the centre whole spaced evenly apart. Then you simply use a needle to thready through the wholes and bobs your uncle. So easy and so effective. The only trauma I had was trying to trim down the edges. It wasn't too bad though and I managed to get a pure edge by cutting it by hand with a scalpel. Every time I did a new cut, I snapped the blade to have it fresh again for the new cut. A technique shown to me by the technician so that I would get the best possible cut. Theses are some quick product shots I took today to show an idea of how it came out.

No comments:

Post a Comment