Saturday, February 20, 2010

Jack Wills

I've recently been looking into the kind of work that I want to produce and where it works well. Jack Wills is an example of retail graphics that I would love to aspire to. It also situates illustration in the kind of context that I want my own style of illustration to work. I am currently looking to try and do something similar to this with my Ralph Lauren brief. It just shows that it is possible to contextualise illustrative graphics within retail like this. Jack Wills have also started to incorporate their style of illustration into their clothing too. This can be seen in the new spring term t-shirt designs for both the men and women range. Not only do Jack Wills use illustration but they play with the boundaries of typography and illustrative type. In my ideal world, I would be working for the Jack Wills illustration and design team!!







Here are a few of the current spring term t-shirt designs...





















NEW Fragrances...








Some other titbits I liked...
















The final 6 illustrations taken as a screen grabs from their website have to be my favourite on there. I just love the vector based style and burst of colour that's used. It's so fun and happy and completely in tune with their intended audience. It captures their market appropriately and entices them for more. Fantastic when attracting attention on any scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment